OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS
OXFORD READING BUDDY USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: August 2018
These Terms and Conditions set out certain restrictions relating to your use of the Products. If you breach or infringe these User Terms and Conditions or the terms of the Legal Notice (which is available with the Products) then you may be prevented from using the Products.
- You means an individual user, who has been authorized by an Institution to use the Products (and in the case of a user under the age of 18, You includes that user's parent or guardian).
- Access Period means the period during which You may use the Products. Institution means a school or other educational institution that has purchased access to any Products. Where an Institution consists of a number of individual entities, branches and/or a federation, each entity, branch or entity within that federation shall be deemed as an individual Institution unless otherwise agreed in writing by OUP.
- OUP means Oxford University Press.
- Products mean the OUP electronic products intended for use by authorized users including the website and software that enable access to and use of such products.
- User Materials mean any content and/or materials You may upload onto the Products.
- You may access and use the Products during the Access Period for personal use only.
- You are solely responsible for accuracy, legality, and compliance with the relevant laws and regulations in respect of any User Materials that You upload onto the Products. You acknowledge that we do not operate or exercise control over, and accept no responsibility for the User Materials which You upload onto the Products or transfer through the Products.
- You agree that You will promptly notify your Institution of any errors or inaccuracies which relate to the Products.
- You are solely responsible for configuring Your computer device in order to access the Products. To access the Products, Your computer device must meet the specification detailed in our “System Requirements” link on the Products home page.
You must not:
- attempt to duplicate, modify, disclose or distribute any part of the Products;
- attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form any part of the Products;
- transfer, temporarily or permanently, any rights or obligations under these User Terms and Conditions;
- attempt to obtain, or assist others in obtaining unauthorised access to the Products;
- systematically make printed or electronic copies of the content and/or materials included in the Products for any purpose in either print or electronic format;
- remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in any part of the Products;
- display or distribute any part of the Products on any electronic network, including without limitation the internet;
- permit anyone else to use your password or username to access or use any of the Products. If there has been a disclosure of Your username and/or password, You must notify us promptly;
- introduce any malicious codes or harmful elements e.g. virus and Trojans onto the Products and/or
- upload any User Materials onto the Products (if applicable) or send and/or transmit to other users, any content which is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, discriminatory, promotes illegal or unlawful activity, or is otherwise actionable or in violation of any rules, Intellectual Property Rights, regulations or laws to which such content is subject.
- If we suspect that a breach of these User Terms and Conditions has occurred or is likely to occur, we may, without liability or giving notice to You, remove Your User Materials and/or suspend Your use of the Products.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that You can access the Products.
- If you need assistance with the Products you should contact your Institution.
WITHDRAWAL OF PRODUCTS
We reserve the right at any time to withdraw the whole or any part of the Products for any reason including:
- if we no longer retain the right to publish the relevant material; or
- if in our sole discretion, we believe that such material may infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of third parties or is defamatory, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable.
- We reserve the right at any time to withdraw the whole or any part of the Products for any reason including:
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You acknowledge that OUP and/or OUP’s group companies or commercial partners own all Intellectual Property Rights in the Products including (without limitation) its software and website. Except as expressly stated in these Terms, OUP does not grant You any rights to or in any Intellectual Property Rights or any other rights or licences.